When looking for a versatile, trendy menu idea, Kronos Kabobs should definitely be on the short list of protein staples. The prep requires only grilling over an open flame until lightly charred for the optimal taste and texture.
Kronos Kabobs are marinated tender cuts of beef, chicken or pork. We use traditional and robust Mediterranean spices so they can be served right off the grill; but the true excitement happens when you get creative with other ingredients that are already available in your kitchen.
As Kronos has 1 ounce and 4 ounce serving sizes, you could focus on an appetizer or small plate (mese) usage occasion or center of the plate options.
Some quick appetizer options could be:
- Offer the Kabobs with a trio of dipping sauces like Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Tahini Sauce and Tzatziki Sauce.
- For those customers looking for great taste in a healthy plate, grill some mangoes or pineapple which caramelizes the natural sugars. Serve the delicious fruit alongside the chicken Kabobs with honey-sweetened Greek yogurt for dipping.
- Kabob Sliders using Kronos 4” Petite Pita topped with grilled summer squash, onions, feta and Tzatziki Sauce.
A twist on the traditional serving suggestion would be:
- Place a grilled Kabob in a warmed Pita Bread with Tzatziki Sauce, oven roasted vegetables, marinated olives and feta cheese.
- Combine two proven flavor winners by mixing the Southwest with the Mediterranean when grilled Kronos Kabobs are served fajita style in a Pita Bread – with braised black beans, Kronos Fiery Hummus, sweet peppers, onions and fresh cilantro.
- Serve a plated beef Kabob with a harvest succotash using available vegetables like green beans, asparagus, sweet corn and leeks stewed in brown butter for a comfort food feel that will delight your customers.
- Kabobs are the perfect pre-portioned protein to use on a main course salad. Mix with some butter lettuce, dried cranberries, caramelized shallots, toasted walnuts, crumbled bleu cheese and Tahini Sauce.
I am very proud of our high quality Kabobs, and what they can offer you as a key ingredient in a variety of your existing menu items or creative new additions. Please let me know how you are using Kronos Kabobs to define Mediterranean on your menu!
Keep Food Fun,