Serves 2 Omelettes, Prep time 5 min, Cook time 10 min
- Chop up package of ReadyCarved gyro meat. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook the onion, stirring, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the chopped ReadyCarved gyro, to the onion.
- Add the tomato and spices, season with salt and pepper, and cook the mixture over low heat, covered, until the meat has absorbed all the pan juices, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside letting it cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs well in a small bowl. Combine the water with the flour and stir until smooth. Stir into the eggs. Season with salt.
- Heat the olive oil or butter over medium heat in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet. Pour in half the egg mixture and let it spread to a neat circle.
- As soon as the egg begins to set (the top should still be a little wet), place half the meat filling in the center and, using a spatula, roll up the omelet so that it forms a cylinder.
- As soon as the egg browns a little on the outside, remove from the skillet and repeat with the remaining egg mixture and filling.
- As you do this, keep the prepared omelets covered and in a warm oven. Serve immediately.