• 2 pre-cooked thawed breakfast sausage patties, about 6 oz.
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 1 eggs
• 1/8 cup milk
• 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
• 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
• 2 slices of 7” NY style Pita Bread
• 2 slices cheddar cheese
• Hot sauce for serving (optional)
Preheat an electric panini press to high (400°F) according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, parsley, chives, salt and pepper. In a nonstick fry pan over medium heat, warm 1/2 Tbs. of the melted butter. Add the egg mixture and, using a silicone spatula, stir frequently until soft curds form, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the scrambled eggs from the heat.
Reduce the heat on the panini press to medium (350°F). Brush one side of each bread slice with the remaining ½ Tbs. melted butter. Lay 2 slices, buttered side down, on a work surface, and arrange sausage patties on each one. Top each with 1/4 cup scrambled eggs and 1 cheese slice. Top with another bread slice, buttered side up.
Place sandwich on the panini press and close the lid. Cook until the sandwich is nicely grill-marked and the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes. Serve with hot sauce. Serves 1