Off the Cone Chicken Gyro – (4 ounces of GDF Off the Cone Chicken Gyro)
Pita bread – (1) 7″ GDF Greek Pita (#025)
Olive oil for griddle (1 tablespoon)
Tomato, thinly sliced for sandwich, wedged for plate
Red onion, thinly sliced
Tzatziki sauce – (2 tbsp. Grecian Delight Tzatziki sauce)
Flat-top grill or large non-stick skillet
Greek olives (optional)
Feta cheese (optional) (3 to 4 small cubes feta cheese)
French fries (optional)
Lemon wedge (optional)
1. Set your flattop on medium to high heat and add 4oz. serving of Off the Cone Chicken Gyro’s to flat-top and stir frequently for 2 minutes and or temp reaches 165 degrees on meat.
2. Brush bread lightly with oil on both sides and grill until soft and slightly browned.
3. Lay pita flat on foodservice wrapping paper with bubbles faced up.
4. Add a good portion of gyros meat (about 4 oz.) down the middle of the pita bread.
5. Add 2-3 slices each of tomato and onion and two tablespoons of Tzatziki sauce.
6. Using the paper as a guide, roll the pita into a cone shape.
7. Add French fries if you prefer and your gyros sandwich is ready to plate and serve.